PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) -- Police are investigating a possible bias crime after a racial slur was etched into the side of a vehicle in Portland.
The Portland Police Bureau says officers responded to Northeast Portland Wednesday afternoon to a report of a vandalized vehicle.
Police say the victim's vehicle was parked in her driveway when someone smeared paint on it and defaced it with the slur.
Police say no arrests have been made and they are asking anyone with information about the incident to contact Bias Crime Detail Detective Jeff Sharp at 503-823-9773.
- Police investigating possible bias crime in Portland
- Portland neighborhood addresses crime, homelessness
- Eugene community voices hate and bias crime experiences
- Police investigating suspicious death on Portland bike trail
- Man accused of hate crime after attack in Portland
- Portland man gets 30 years for sex crimes
- Board revokes former Portland chief's police certification
- Portland police make arrest in fatal shooting
- Man killed by Portland police officer
- Portland official: Texts show police-extremist collusion