EUGENE, Ore. -- An investigation by Eugene police has resulted in the recovery of six teenage girls who were victims of human trafficking.
Four of the girls are from Eugene and all six girls were found by police Thursday in a Portland hotel. Two adult men who have not yet been identified were taken into custody when the girls were found.
The investigation began on Feb. 18, with a call to police regarding the possible abduction of juveniles in the 400 block of East 15th Ave. On Feb. 19, police responded to a related call about two missing or runaway juveniles in their mid-teens, who were believed to have been taken to the Portland area for possible trafficking.
At 5 a.m. on Thursday, the Eugene police Special Investigations Unit took over the case, working with parents of the missing juveniles and Portland Police. At about 6 p.m. Thursday, an SIU detective was able to identify the Portland hotel where multiple juveniles were staying.
Portland Police immediately responded to the hotel and recovered six girls. Included were two missing or runaway juveniles from Eugene, two other juveniles from Eugene and two girls from elsewhere.
One witness, who would only give his rapper name, "Furious T," said one of the girls was in his house when a man with a gun demanded to see her.
"Then all of a sudden these dudes come up and they start banging on the door and they try taking this girl and she's like screaming that she doesn't know them... I backed up and he pulled out a piece," Furious T said.
He said the girl was screaming that she didn't know him when the armed man forced her into his car.
- Eugene police save teens from sex trafficking
- Police: Eugene teacher allegedly paid teen for sex
- Roseburg Police: Three teen girls rescued from human trafficker
- Eugene police officer resigned after allegedly having sex on duty
- Springfield police arrest Eugene man on sex abuse charges
- Felon sentenced for sex trafficking, illegal firearm possession
- New app to fight human trafficking in Eugene
- Eugene Police say stranger approached teen girl walking home
- Man gets 2 years for sex crimes against teen boy in Eugene
- Eugene Police preparing for Eugene Marathon