EUGENE, Ore. -- A major political fundraiser is behind bars facing child sex abuse charges
Terry Bean, 70, was booked into the Lane County Jail Thursday morning in Eugene. He was arraigned on three counts, including sodomy and sex abuse.
The case stems from an alleged incident in September 2013. According to court records, Bean and his former boyfriend had sex with a 15-year-old boy in a Eugene hotel room.
Leading up to the trial, the prosecutor said Bean offered to pay the teenager more than $200,000 to settle the case, but a judge rejected the deal.
At the time, the victim declined to testify because he was worried about having to share intimate details on the witness stand.
Apparently, that has changed, and with the victim’s cooperation, prosecutors now have a case.
Bean has consistently denied any wrongdoing. His defense lawyer was contacted but has not responded.
Bean is a prominent gay rights activist.
- Political fundraiser facing sex abuse charges in Eugene
- Medford chiropractor faces sex abuse charges
- Lebanon man faces sex abuse charges
- Man faces sex abuse charges, accused of abusing 2 teens
- Springfield police arrest Eugene man on sex abuse charges
- 72-year-old Eugene man indicted on sex abuse charges
- Eugene Teacher Faces Assault Charges
- Former Monroe firefighter jailed again, faces 3 sex abuse charges
- Quran instructor from Corvallis faces sex abuse charges in Tigard
- Registered sex offender arrested Tuesday on sex abuse charges