PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) -- Portland Police says a 36-year-old man is in jail accused of striking a police officer in the head with a pipe over the weekend.
Police say the officer was hospitalized with serious injuries following the incident late Saturday.
They say a woman who initially called police to report that the suspect struck her with a pipe was not injured.
The officer responded to a call late Saturday that a man was throwing rocks at vehicles. Police say the officer who was hit in the head was able to detain the suspect.
- Portland officer injured in pipe assault
- Portland officer hit with pipe sustained fractured skull
- Leaking pipe in Northeast Portland releases sewage
- Two Portland officers injured in crash with ambulance
- 2 Portland police officers and driver injured in crash
- Man killed by Portland police officer
- Officer-involved shooting at Portland International Airport
- Portland jury awards nearly $2M to man injured by car