PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) -- Portland's aerial tram will be closed for maintenance later this summer.
The Oregonian/Oregonian reports the popular tourist attraction will be shut down from June 23 through July 30.
The tram opened in 2006. It undergoes periodic maintenance throughout the year, but this will be the longest closure in its history.
In addition to being a tourist draw, the tram is a key transportation link for thousands of Oregon Health & Science University employees, students and staff.
OHSU will run shuttle buses between the South Waterfront and the campus between 5:30 a.m. and 9:30 p.m. on weekdays.
- Portland's aerial tram closing for maintenance
- Broken carabiner cause of fallen panel from Portland aerial tram
- Panel falls from Portland tram, hits pedestrian
- Metal panels on Aerial Tram have previously become loose
- Tram report cites inadequate hardware in panel plunge
- Douglas County fire hydrant maintenance and flushing
- Maintenance crews prepare for back to school