EUGENE, Ore. --- A fire completely destroyed a newer model RV Thursday evening, and it was all caught on camera.
Fire officials said the people driving the RV noticed a small fire near the engine while they were pulling into Armitage Park around 5:30 p.m.
Officials said the two people inside tried to put the fire out with a fire extinguisher but were unable to. The fire spread very fast almost like it was being fuel fed, they said.
"I was driving home from work and I could see smoke coming from an area as I was crossing the bridge, seeing more smoke coming and saw flames through the trees so I went back to check it out,” KEZI 9 News viewer Lucas Weidenhaft said.
Officials said traffic congestion played a role in their response time. The RV was fully engulfed by the time they got to the scene.
The RV is a total loss, and no one was injured.
The cause is unknown, and the investigation is ongoing.
- RV total loss after fire breaks out in Eugene
- Eugene RV fire being investigated as arson
- Soccer shed a total loss after fire
- Fire destroys RV and parking structure in west Eugene
- Barn a total loss after fire near Roseburg
- Man cited in RV lot fire
- Crash near Sutton RV closes roadway in Eugene
- Fire crews put out RV fire in Sweet Home
- Eugene Science Center hosts total lunar eclipse viewing party
- Premier RV fire leaves family concerned for job