EUGENE, Ore. -- The Oregon College Savings Plan and BottleDrop launched a new program Tuesday that will allow recyclers to transfer their BottleDrop funds to an Oregon College Savings account.
“The BottleDrop partnership with the Oregon College Savings Plan offers Oregon families another easy way to turn their small deposits into big returns for their future,” said Jules Bailey, chief stewardship officer and director of external relations for the Oregon Beverage Recycling Cooperative.
The Oregon College Savings Plan is a state-sponsored savings program that comes with special tax advantages and can be opened by parents, family, friends and future students.
The money saved in the Oregon College Savings Plan can be used for qualified expenses at any accredited, post-secondary institution or trade school.
- Recyclers save for higher education through BottleDrop
- BottleDrop center opens in Springfield
- Roseburg BottleDrop will be opening later this month
- First BottleDrop on Oregon Coast opens in Newport
- Sanipac proposes higher rates
- Douglas County ends recycling services
- Officials: Bear activity higher than normal
- Oregon Marine Board seeks higher boat fees
- How to recycle your Christmas tree
- Company helps businesses recycle 50 percent more