BEND, Ore. (AP) - A medical examiner has confirmed that remains found in central Oregon last week are those of Sara Gomez, a Bend woman missing since February.
Deschutes County District Attorney John Hummel said Wednesday that the cause and manner of death are still under investigation.
Authorities believe Gomez was killed by her ex-boyfriend, Bryan Penner, and that he acted alone.
Penner was taken into police custody two days after the disappearance. He hanged himself jail March 11.
- Remains identified as missing Oregon woman
- Human remains identified as missing woman in Myrtle Creek
- Albany woman's DNA used to identify remains of WWII sailor
- Oregon's unemployment rate remains low
- Remains found in Oregon believed to be missing actor
- Missing woman's car found in Southern Oregon
- Human remains found near Sunriver identified
- Oregon authorities identify human skull as missing man
- Police identify woman found dead on Oregon Coast
- Body Found Identified as Missing Woman Kendall Smith