CORVALLIS, Ore. -- People throughout Albany, Corvallis, and the surrounding areas have reported that they heard some sort of explosion around 5:30 p.m. Monday.
KEZI got a call from a viewer who said her entire house shook and when she looked outside she could see black smoke rising from the distance north of Corvallis.
Other residents were posting on Facebook asking what had happened when they felt their house shake and saw the smoke.
A post about the possible explosion that residents felt and heard, on an Albany Facebook page, got 386 comments.
One Facebook user wrote: "Heard and felt it by West Albany. The whole house shook. I thought a tree fell behind my house."
KEZI spoke with neighbors in north Corvallis to ask them what they experienced.
"(My mom) was a little bit concerned about it. Usually, she will hear something in the distance from a neighboring business and this is something that she has never heard. She has lived out there for over 30 years and so it was pretty massive for her to hear this and she was pretty concerned for everybody around," said Andy Bullock, a Corvallis resident.
The Benton County Sheriff's Office said they investigated the area where people claimed they saw the smoke coming from and heard the explosion but couldn't find any evidence that anything had happened.
- Police investigating reports of explosion heard in Corvallis
- Police investigating after hatchet attack in Corvallis
- Corvallis names new police chief
- Missing Corvallis teen located
- Salem police arrest man for Corvallis robbery
- Corvallis Police Department receives CALEA accreditation
- Corvallis police searching for suspected ATM thief
- Explosion reported in New York City
- Corvallis pharmacy burglarized, suspects sought
- Young boy drowns in Corvallis