UPDATE: The search for a man who fell off a cliff at Toketee Falls Sunday continues.
The Douglas County Sheriff's Office has identified the man as Brian Lewinstein, 23, of Berkeley, California.
His family has been notified.
The sheriff's office said Lewinstein crossed a safety fence to take a photograph from above Toketee Falls and fell down the steep embankment.
DOUGLAS COUNTY, Ore. -- Douglas County deputies were working to reach a man who fell off a cliff at Toketee Falls Sunday.
Deputies said they got the call around 3 p.m. Sunday.
As of 7:30 p.m. Sunday, they said they were still trying to reach the man. His condition was not given.
Deputies have not released the man’s name.
Sgt. Brad O'dell said the mission is very complex, and the volunteers were responding with the of urgency, while carefully balancing the needs for responder safety.
- UPDATE: Rescue mission continues at Toketee Falls
- Missing hiker's body found at Toketee Falls
- Eugene Mission hosts Christmas meals
- UPDATE: LCSO continues search for suspect
- UPDATE: Investigation continues into Springfield principal
- Oregon search and rescue dog falls 30 feet, survives
- Eugene Mission kitchen opens for Thanksgiving
- The Eugene mission needs diapers donated
- Eugene Mission benefits from the Ultimate ThanksGIVEaway
- Eugene Mission offers new veterans’ program