ROSEBURG, Ore. - The residents of Roseburg have been expecting a BottleDrop center for a few months, and there's now a grand opening date in sight. Starting on November 20, community members will be able to recycle their cans and bottles in a much more efficient way.
Oregon Beverage Recycling Cooperative is opening the BottleDrop at 740 NE Garden Valley Blvd. Many community members are excited to see what kind of positive changes it brings to the community.
The BottleDrop works in three ways. You can bring bottles and cans in with pre-labeled green bags between the hours of 5am and 11pm. The containers will be counted and sorted by staff and the cash amount will be put into an account. You can then access that account at any participating grocery store kiosk or BottleDrop location.
You could also use the self serve station and deposit up to 350 containers in one day.
Lastly, you could bring up to 50 containers in to be counted by staff.
KEZI spoke with several community members today who believe this will be a beneficial addition to Roseburg. Some said it would keep the grocery stores less dirty and cluttered. One resident, April Malone, said she thought it might encourage more people to recycle.
”Maybe people would recycle more often instead of dropping their cans on the roadside.”
The BottleDrop will also be creating jobs. The hiring process for the center is still underway.
- Roseburg BottleDrop will be opening later this month
- BottleDrop center opens in Springfield
- First BottleDrop on Oregon Coast opens in Newport
- Recyclers save for higher education through BottleDrop
- Iconic Roseburg drive-in opens food truck
- City of Roseburg announces month of April as Human Trafficking Awareness month
- Roseburg VA director resigns
- Roseburg police investigate shooting
- Roseburg updating major intersection
- Brand new Bottle Drop Center has officially opened in Roseburg