SPRINGFIELD, Ore. – Roseburg Forest Products has reached a settlement with the City of Weed, California, over drinking water.
They were fighting over the water in Beaughan Springs. As part of the settlement, the California city has to acknowledge it has no ownership of the water and agrees to end all claims to the water rights.
The City of Weed signed a lease with Roseburg Forest Products three years ago, giving them access to the springs for the next 10 to 15 years, and that lease remains intact. The city is exploring alternative sources for the small portion of the community’s water that the lease represents.
- Roseburg Forest Products reaches settlement over water rights
- Roseburg Forest Products lays off 90 at Dillard plywood plant
- Oregon Legislature reaches $1.1M settlement over harassment case
- Roseburg VA director resigns
- Roseburg police investigate shooting
- County approves $235K settlement in whistleblower lawsuit
- Homicide investigation underway in Roseburg
- Roseburg plans road construction projects
- DeFazio tours Roseburg VA campus
- Human remains found in Roseburg