ROSBURG, Ore. -- Another threat was made towards a Roseburg school, making it the third school threat investigated in Roseburg within a span of 8 days.
Winston police said a 13-year-old student made a threat of violence against John C Fremont Middle School. The student has been arrested.
Police do not believe it was a credible threat but they do want people to know that they don't take threats lightly.
Principal Ben Bentea sent a letter the parents regarding the possible threat, saying they took action right away.
He said there is no reason to believe there was an imminent threat made towards the school. Bentea also wants to remind people that any threat, even a jest, carries serious consequences.
Two other similar situations happened last week.
A Roseburg High School student was arrested on Feb. 15, after officials said she wrote a threatening message on a stall in the bathroom. On Feb. 16, police investigated another threat at Joseph Lane Middle School.
- Roseburg middle school student arrested for school threat
- School threat made towards Roseburg middle school, police investigating
- Roseburg High School student arrested after threat found
- Student arrested for threat made towards Joseph Lane Middle School
- Student at Roseburg High School arrested for involvement in school threat
- Threat found at Siuslaw Middle School
- Student arrested after school threat in Eugene
- Middle school student hospitalized with meningococcal disease
- Hamlin Middle School students building wind turbines
- 14-year-old faces charges in Roseburg school threat case