ROSEBURG, Ore. -- Roseburg Police are investigating a shooting that occurred Monday night.
Police said that when they arrived at a residence on SE Downey Avenue in Roseburg they found a 34-year-old woman who had been shot. She was taken to Mercy Medical Center for treatment. Officials have not given details on the extent of the woman's injuries.
Joshua James Kramer, 32, of Glide, the suspect in the shooting, had left before police arrived. He was found later while driving in Roseburg. Kramer and the woman who was shot are believed to be known to each other. Kramer was arrested and charged with first-degree assault.
One neighbor said she was watering her roses when she saw a white pickup truck pull up to a house, and she heard what sounded like about six gunshots. She said she then saw the truck leave, pull out into the street and that's when she called 911.
It is believed the subject changed vehicles at one point. The alleged shooter was arrested at the Abby's restaurant off of Diamond Lake Boulevard in Roseburg.
- Roseburg police investigate shooting
- Roseburg Police investigate robbery at Walgreens
- Homicide investigation underway in Roseburg
- Police investigating report of shots fired near Roseburg restaurant
- School threat made towards Roseburg middle school, police investigating
- Roseburg Police investigating mail thefts in two neighborhoods
- Roseburg PD investigates fatal hit and run
- Roseburg shooting suspect arrested after K-9 search
- Roseburg residents witness, react to I-5 shooting
- Police dog helps capture Roseburg drug suspect