ROSEBURG, Ore. – Are you looking to visit the library? Soon you’ll have your chance.
Roseburg Public Library will be begin reopening on June 30. There will be changes to comply with state guidelines.
“We know that folks are very excited about the library reopening," said Eric Johnson, communication specialist for the City of Roseburg. "We just want to thank them for their patience and understanding and we can’t wait to see them again.”
There are three phases of the library’s reopening plan, with each including changes to operating hours and level of services.
Phase one (June 30 to July 11)
- Open Tuesdays from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., Thursdays from 3 p.m. to 8 p.m. and Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Library will be closed July 4
- Only 50 people allowed inside the library at a time.
- Visitors limited to one hour in the library
- Facemasks strongly encouraged
- Volunteers will not be available
- Donations will not be accepted
Phase two (July 14 to July 25)
- Open Tuesdays from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m., Thursdays from 1 p.m. to 8 p.m. and Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Limited number of volunteers working during non-open hours
- Donations will be accepted
Phase three (July 28 to Aug. 29)
- Open Tuesdays from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m., Thursdays from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- More volunteers may be asked to work during non-open hours
The schedule is subject to change.
In addition to these changes, in-person children’s programs are canceled for the forseeable future. Virtual storytimes are being held via Facebook. Several online events are scheduled for the summer and will be announced through social media.
The Ford Room and two multipurpose rooms will be available for public use starting June 30, but capacity is limited to 25 in the Ford Room and three in the other rooms. The per-usage fee is $25 when it is open and $75 when it is closed.
Only six computers will be available, and visitors who use them will need to wear a facemask and are limited to one hour per day. Computers in children’s and teen rooms will be unavailable.
Lobby restrooms will be closed and water fountains will be turned off.
Drive-up pickup service will continue. You can pick up your reserved books every Thursday from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. To arrange a pickup, call 541-492-7050.