ROSEBURG, Ore. – Monday marks the third anniversary of the mass shooting at Umpqua Community College on Oct. 1, 2015, and the Roseburg community is remembering the tragedy with a series of events.
Saturday is the third annual Umpqua Strong Run/Walk, with all funds raised going to the Umpqua Strong charity.
The race starts at 10 a.m. in Stewart Park. Registration is now closed.
The run/walk will be followed by a concert starting at noon featuring the music of Colton Dixon.
On Monday, UCC will be holding a day of remembrance event to remember the nine people who were killed in the shooting.
There will be an event at 10:15 a.m. that is only open to the UCC community. A gathering around the campus flag pole will be open to the entire community from sunrise to sunset.
KEZI 9 News This Morning will be live from UCC on Monday starting at 5 a.m. as the community honors the victims.
- Roseburg community remembers UCC tragedy ahead of 3rd anniversary
- Twenty years later: Community remembers Thurston tragedy
- UCC shooting victims honored at 3rd annual Umpqua Strong walk
- UCC names building replacing Snyder Hall
- UCC dedicates new building on campus
- UCC Student Government encourages students to "Be the One"
- UCC apprenticeship program moving from South Umpqua High
- GED program at UCC ranked best in Oregon
- UCC holds day of remembrance 3 years after shooting
- Cottage Grove community members remember fallen veterans