BREAKING NEWS Lane County sees 'exponential growth' in COVID-19 Full Story

Roseburg house fire started in fireplace

Two people safely escaped after their home caught fire, according to officials.

Posted: Nov 30, 2017 1:16 PM

ROSEBURG, Ore. -- An overnight fire in Roseburg has firefighters reminding people to have their stoves, fireplaces, and chimneys inspected ahead of the winter season.

Fire crews said the fire broke out just after 2 a.m. on NE Sterling Drive and the residents were woken up by their carbon monoxide detector. Both people made it out safely.

They said one person was evaluated for inhalation but refused treatment.

Crews were able to quickly put out the fire. They said the fire caused about $20,000 in damages.

Firefighters said the fire started in the fireplace.

Oregon Coronavirus Cases

Data is updated nightly.

Confirmed Cases: 29850

Reported Deaths: 521
CountyConfirmedDeaths
Multnomah6649130
Marion430988
Washington418058
Umatilla287441
Clackamas218661
Malheur146023
Jackson9943
Lane89014
Deschutes73212
Yamhill71814
Jefferson4968
Polk48715
Morrow4765
Lincoln47013
Linn43813
Union4352
Klamath2602
Benton2456
Hood River2390
Wasco2303
Douglas1943
Josephine1802
Columbia1451
Coos1340
Clatsop1050
Baker892
Crook601
Tillamook460
Lake290
Wallowa291
Curry260
Sherman180
Harney120
Grant80
Gilliam70
Unassigned00
Wheeler00
Eugene
Overcast
65° wxIcon
Hi: 71° Lo: 58°
Feels Like: 65°
Corvallis
Overcast
64° wxIcon
Hi: 75° Lo: 58°
Feels Like: 64°
Roseburg
Scattered Clouds
64° wxIcon
Hi: 76° Lo: 60°
Feels Like: 64°
North Bend
Overcast
60° wxIcon
Hi: 66° Lo: 56°
Feels Like: 60°
KEZI Radar
KEZI Temperatures
KEZI Planner

LATEST FORECAST

Community Events