ROSEBURG, Ore. - A Roseburg man is in jail after being accused of raping a woman 40 times within the last three weeks.
Police arrested Brandon Scott Belcher on Saturday, November 25, after the woman he was at Walmart with was whispering "Please call the police" to employees and customers. She was also showing people a note written on her hand that said the same thing.
Police intercepted Belcher and the woman as they were walking out of the store around 9:30 pm. Belcher told police that is was a "misunderstanding" from an incident that happened earlier that day and they "no longer needed assistance."
Belcher told police the woman had locked the door to her apartment so he kicked down the door to get his belongings. He then hit the woman in the head with his open hand, according to the police affidavit. The woman reported that Belcher raped her before driving to Walmart to get supplies to fix the broken door.
Belcher said he didn't understand why she had the police called, and felt the whole thing was a misunderstanding. Belcher said he was upset that she wouldn't let him in, so he kicked in the door. After he did so, he admitted to taking her into the other room to have sex with her. He said she was crying the whole time but never said stop.
According to court documents, the woman and Belcher had been living together but were not a couple. They had consensual sex one time, and before Belcher started forcing himself on her.
She said he had raped her about 40 times in the past three weeks. Sometimes up to two to three times per day.
Court documents state she was very scared of him. She reported multiple instances of Belcher grabbing her by the throat and pressed his foot against her neck. The woman showed police the apartment where she had certain devices set up to make noise if he entered.
Belcher said he often used sex as a punishment when she made him mad. He admitted to raping her up to 20 times.
He remains currently in the Douglas County Jail.
- Roseburg man accused of raping woman 40 times in 3 weeks
- Roseburg man accused of raping teenage girl
- Roseburg man accused of assaulting elderly woman
- Former Roseburg attorney accused of rape back in custody
- Roseburg man accused of producing child porn
- Springfield man accused of raping and strangling woman
- Woman accused of stealing ambulance, ramming patrol car in Roseburg
- Roseburg woman accused of misusing text-to-911 system
- Judge ordered status check in Roseburg rape case
- Roseburg man arrested after standoff