ROSEBURG, OR. -- A Roseburg man is dead after allegedly being stabbed in the neck by 21-year-old Billy Conner-Ferguson.
Police were called to the Rodeway Inn around 12:30 in the morning for that reported stabbing.
When they got there, they found a man unconscious around back.
Roseburg police said the man was taken to Mercy Medical Center, where he died from his wounds.
Conner-Ferguson fled from the scene before the police got there.
While they were still looking for him, they said there was no known threat to the public.
Residents we talked to didn’t agree.
Yeah, absolutely. He’s just out there, stabbing people. Anybody in the general public, even if you don’t know him.. who’s to judge if he could stab you or not? You know what I mean? So, yeah, I have a fear of that,” said Thadius Anderson.
Sergeant Dennis Chrisenbery of the Roseburg Police Department said that statement was merely them differentiating what they believed to be an isolated incident from someone who stabbed a random person.
“We do understand there was some sort of relationship. We don’t know exactly what that is. Basically, we wanted to make the distinction that this just wasn’t a random thing. They were known to each other, so, that’s where we were coming from there.”
Conner-Ferguson has been charged with criminal homicide, and could possibly face more charges once the investigation is complete.
- Roseburg man arrested for allegedly stabbing, killing man
- Roseburg man arrested after standoff
- Man arrested after allegedly injuring 1 in Eugene stabbing
- Creswell man arrested in stabbing
- Roseburg man arrested after armed standoff
- Roseburg man arrested after stolen car recovered
- Man hospitalized after stabbing at Roseburg homeless camp
- Roseburg woman arrested after allegedly shooting gun in her home
- Teens allegedly attempt burglary on Roseburg businesses
- Man arrested after stabbing in Eugene