ROSEBURG, Ore. -- Spencer Hopkins, 32, and Shannon Wedekind, 43, are in the Douglas County Jail after officers say they found evidence of controlled substance crimes at Hopkin’s residence.
Hopkins was arrested on Oct. 16 after Roseburg officers allegedly found methamphetamine in his recreational vehicle.
Officers also said they found and seized a small safe in the RV that allegedly belonged to Wedekind because they were suspicious of what could be inside the safe.
Police dog Trapper sniffed the safe for drugs.
In order to open the safe, the Douglas Interagency Narcotics Team obtained a search warrant.
When they opened the safe, they said they found 89 grams of heroin along with the usual drug paraphernalia.
On Oct. 30 detectives arrested Wedekind in Roseburg and while she was being booked into jail, deputies said they found more heroin in her possession.
Hopkins faces charges of unlawful possession of meth and parole violation.
Wedekind was lodged on two counts of unlawful possession of heroin and one count of unlawful delivery of heroin.
- Two arrested in Roseburg on drug charges
- Man arrested on drug charges after traffic stop in Roseburg
- Two jailed on drug charges in Roseburg
- Roseburg man faces drug charges after police pursuit
- Two men arrested after drug bust in Roseburg
- Roseburg man arrested after standoff
- Burglary suspect arrested in Roseburg
- Springfield man arrested on felony drug charges
- Roseburg man jailed after 65 fraudulent charges
- Two arrested at laundromat in Roseburg