ROSEBURG, Ore. -- A 34-year-old Roseburg woman is in jail on charges of misusing Douglas County’s text-to-911 system.
Dispatchers received a 911 text message on Wednesday about a possible hostage situation in the 500 block of Orchard Lane in Roseburg. Other 911 text messages received by the dispatcher said a mass murder had occurred.
Douglas County Sheriff’s Office deputies responded to the location and made contact with Nicole Rene Hall of Roseburg. Deputies found that the incident being reported was false and that the 911 system was being misused.
Hall was taken into custody and lodged in Douglas County Jail on charges of improper use of 911 and second-degree disorderly conduct.
“This false incident tied up multiple resources from citizens who legitimately required services and is completely unacceptable,” said Sgt. Brad O’Dell of the Douglas County Sheriff’s Office. “The sheriff’s office will always hold accountable those who misuse our 911 system, whether that is by voice call or text messaging services.”
- Roseburg woman accused of misusing text-to-911 system
- Roseburg man accused of assaulting elderly woman
- Woman accused of stealing ambulance, ramming patrol car in Roseburg
- Roseburg looks to add trail system to Sunshine Park
- Roseburg man accused of producing child porn
- Roseburg man accused of raping teenage girl
- Roseburg man accused of sexually assaulting minor
- Roseburg missing woman: Linda Rene Smith
- Roseburg woman reported missing is found safe
- 76-year-old Roseburg woman killed in fire