WINDSOR, England (AP) - Elton John has performed for guests at newlyweds Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's wedding reception.
The singer was among 600 people invited to Saturday's marriage ceremony at St. George's Chapel in Windsor Castle. He sported a bold pair of pink spectacles as he arrived with husband David Furnish.
Kensington Palace says John "performed for the newly married couple in recognition of the close connection he has with Prince Harry and his family."
The palace did not disclose which songs the musician, who was made a knight in 1998 by Queen Elizabeth II in 1998, chose for the occasion.
John was a close friend of Harry's late mother, Princess Diana, and performed the song "Candle in the Wind" with recast lyrics at her funeral in 1997.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press.)
- Royal Wedding: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle celebrate nuptials
- Meghan Markle, Prince Harry expecting first child
- Harry and Meghan will keep royal baby birth private
- Royal baby photo revealed by Harry and Meghan
- The racist online abuse of Meghan Markle has put royal staff on high alert
- Half-brother of Meghan Markle arrested on DUI charge
- Pedestrian hit by car on Royal Ave
- Royal couples release stylish Christmas cards
- Junction City wedding thief pleads guilty
- Celebrating cancer survivors