EUGENE, Ore. -- Monday kicks off National Apprenticeship Week, and in honor of that, Lane Community College and Lane CTE are hosting an event and inviting apprentices, industry partners or anyone interested in an apprenticeship to attend.
Wednesday LCC will hold their annual celebration of apprenticeship featuring guest speakers, recognition of Lane's apprentices and networking opportunities.
It will be held in LCC's main campus building and begins at 6 p.m.
Lane CTE also recently announced the Lane pre-apprenticeship construction technology program. It is a program set to help high school students be competitive for apprenticeship programs and jobs in skilled trades after graduation.
Over the course of the program, pre-apprentices will gain dual-credit from LCC along with guarantees of future job interviews from participating local businesses.
The program will be will be piloted at Mohawk and Springfield high schools with plans for a broader rollout to more high schools across Lane County in the future.
- National Apprenticeship Week kicks off
- LCC celebrates National Apprenticeship Week
- Skilled to Work: Apprenticeships & Training Programs
- Chambers Construction seeking students for apprenticeship program
- Electrician apprenticeships available in Lane County
- Paid apprenticeships available in sheet metal industry
- UCC apprenticeship program moving from South Umpqua High
- Skilled to Work: Trades Academy prepares students for apprenticeships
- Carpentry apprenticeship teaches skills down to the foundation
- Springfield Police Department kicks off National Night Out