SALEM, Ore. (AP) -- Officials at Salem Health Hospital say a bicyclist involved in a crash last week has died.
The Salem Stateman Journal reports police identified the bicyclist as Jason Libel of Salem.
The crash was reported around 5:30 p.m. Thursday.
Officials said Libel was riding his bicycle on Portland Road and weaved into a lane used by cars. A car clipped the bike.
Libel was thrown off the bike and he struck his head. He was transported to the hospital with what police called life-threatening injuries.
Hospital officials on Saturday afternoon confirmed Libel had died.
- Salem bicyclist dies after car crash
- Bicyclist escapes car crash with minor injuries
- Bicyclist killed when struck by Amtrak train in Salem
- Salem man sentenced for crashing motor home into patrol cars
- Three Dutch workers killed in car crash north of Salem
- Police identify bicyclist killed in Eugene crash
- Pilot killed in Salem airplane crash
- Bicyclist sustains life-threatening injuries after being hit by car
- Oregon man dies at minimum-security prison in Salem
- Driver dies after fiery car crash