SPRINGFIELD, Ore. -- Another person has died in Lane County from complications of the flu, according to the health department.
Jason Davis with the Lane County Health Department told KEZI 9 News that a 36-year-old Springfield woman died of the flu.
This is the second flu-related death in Lane County this flu season.
There have been seven reported outbreaks within the county and they were all at assisted living homes.
Dr. Patrick Luedtke said the flu happens every year but this year there is a strain that is affecting most of the country.
Riverbend hospital has seen more than 500 people with the flu since December.
- Second flu-related death confirmed in Lane County
- Flu season hits Lane County
- Flu death in Lane County traced to assisted living facility
- Oregon inmate's family files lawsuit after her flu-related death
- Flu season turns deadly in Lane County
- Benton County announces first coronavirus-related death
- King County confirms 7th case of vaping-related lung disease
- Heroin-related overdoses continue to rise in Lane County
- Deputies investigating three heroin-related shootings in Lane County
- Lane County investigates coronavirus cases, death