EUGENE, Ore. -- Community Members came out to the first annual Seed Swap and Plant Share Saturday at the Neighborhood Assembly of God Church in Eugene.
People brought seeds of their own to share with others, and pick up a new seed that they can use for the season.
This event was put on by the Eugene faith-based urban farming initiative, NAOG Garden.
Organizers said this event was a great way to meet other community members and learn about local food security.
“It's a way for us to share with our neighbors and we do have some presentations happening to extend the education even further and kind of build and do our part to build a little community,” said Christina Clar, co-director of NAOG Garden
The event also included workshops on worm composting, making elderberry syrup, small scale homesteading and neighborhood greening and resiliency plans.
- Seed Swap and Plant Share held in Eugene Saturday
- Cystic Fibrosis walk held in Eugene Saturday
- Bike Swap Meet benefits Bader Brothers
- Duck Dash and Eugene 5K held at Autzen Stadium Saturday
- Eugene bike share station vandalized
- Eugene bike share program booming
- Eugene and Lane County get approval from judge for land swap
- Eugene opens tree planting season early
- Free document shredding event held in Eugene
- Car show held as fundraiser in Eugene