OAKRIDGE, Ore.-- The Willamette Highway will be closed for around 4 hours near Oakridge Tuesday morning as crews recover a semi-truck that crashed into the embankment.
According to the Oregon Department of Transportation, Highway 58 will be closed between Crescent Lake and the east end of Oakridge from 8:30 a.m. until 12:30 p.m. as crews remove the semi-truck.
They said drivers should take an alternate route or delay travel unless they want to wait through the duration of the recovery. Three wreckers will be used to pull the semi-truck out of the embankment. The process will block the entire road.
KEZI 9 News reached out to law enforcement to learn more about the nature of the crash but is waiting on a response.
- Semi crash recovery to close Willamette Highway Tuesday
- Crews reopen Willamette Highway after recovering semi
- Crash near Walton closes Highway 126
- Semi-truck crash closes I-5 on-ramp near Harrisburg
- Volunteers clean Willamette River as part of Trashy Tuesday event
- Swimmer rescued from Willamette River
- Willamette River drowning victim identified
- Blitzing the Preseason: Willamette Wolverines
- Willamette Pass opening this weekend
- Two-A-Days: Willamette Wolverines