JUNCTION CITY, Ore. - Residents in Junction City celebrated the annual Junction City Truck Function on Saturday, July 14.
It’s a local truck show that also includes a cruise around town. The large group of semi-trucks is set to cruise around Junction City between 7pm and 9pm
Organizers said this is an exciting and unique event for them every year, and that there’s nothing quite like a semi-truck.
“If you look at anything, I don't care what it is, if it doesn't move by a truck, you don't have it,” said Daniel Alley, one of the creators of the event.
Alley said that owners bring trucks in from all over the country every year, and some even come from out of the country. He said last year they had an owner all the way from Holland bring a truck.
He said every year he looks forward to seeing what the community comes up with and watching them enjoy the event.
- Semi-trucks take over Junction City in the annual Truck Function
- Semi-truck plunges into pool owned by Portland Trail Blazer
- Semi Safety: KEZI 9 News investigates dangerous truck drivers
- Semi truck spills contents onto the side of I-5
- Semi-truck crash closes I-5 on-ramp near Harrisburg
- Semi-truck hits concrete divider causing traffic delays
- Second annual Human Trafficking Symposium held in Junction City
- Family survives house fire in Junction City
- Junction City firefighters battle "challenging" industrial fire
- Junction City student arrested over picture