EUGENE, Ore. – A fatal crash occurred Thursday morning near West 1st Avenue and Wallis Street in Eugene, and drivers were advised to avoid the area.
The street was closed from Wallis Street to Cap Court and Eugene police rerouted traffic during the crash investigation.
The roadway was expected to be closed for several hours and reopened by about 1 p.m.
The two-vehicle crash was reported at 7:15 a.m. Thursday. A silver Jeep Liberty was headed westbound on West First Avenue and a Dodge Ram 3500 was eastbound when the crash occurred. The Jeep's driver died in the wreck. The Dodge pickup truck flipped over.
Eugene Police Department's Major Collision Investigations team is investigating the possibility that the Jeep crossed its lane of travel.
- Fatal crash halts traffic on West 1st Avenue in Eugene
- Eugene seeks input on 15th Avenue traffic circles with survey
- Fire shuts down 30th Avenue in Eugene
- U.S. Supreme Court temporarily halts Eugene youth climate trial
- Halt to mail service affects Eugene residents during winter storm
- Crash backs up traffic on I-105 in Eugene
- Six-car crash snarls traffic on I-5 north of Eugene
- Early morning crash slows I-5 traffic in Eugene
- Fatal crash shuts down Washington Street in Eugene
- EPD investigates fatal crash involving bicyclist on West 11th Ave.