Photo Gallery 1 Images
EUGENE, Ore. - Sponsors of the Komen's Race for the Cure were hard at work on Saturday, March 3, setting up for the race the next day.
The Race for the Cure raises money and awareness for breast cancer. It's a nationwide event, but each race benefits the community it occurs in.
"I feel very gratified giving back to community and supporting community. Our community is only as good as we collectively want it to be," said Ann Berryman, the Director of Development and Communications.
Berryman said so much of what they do is make sure everyone in the community has the necessary resources to fight their cancer, no matter what they can afford.
The annual event begins at 7am on Sunday, March 4. KEZI 9 News will be present as a proud sponsor.
- Set up begins for Komen's Race for the Cure
- Eugene company supporting Susan G. Komen after race for cure canceled
- Susan G. Komen cancels Eugene race for 2019
- Dogs can take part in Eugene Race for the Cure
- Hundreds gather for the Race for the Cure
- Susan G. Komen organization plans breast cancer forum in Eugene
- Firefighters take steps towards finding cancer cure
- Leaf collection set to begin in Lane County
- WellMama holds annual Blues to Cure the Blues fundraiser
- The Human Bean holds Coffee for a Cure fundraiser