EUGENE, Ore. -- A tree on the intersection of 5th Avenue and Oak Street is covered in dozens of pairs of shoes.
It's an art exhibit that will be up until Sept. 4.
A sign posted near the tree explains that Darryl Evans is the creator, and the message behind the art is “Free Your Soles.”
Evan’s idea is that each set of shoes carries a story from the past and to the future for whoever picks off a pair.
The shoe tree will be photographed every day to capture the time lapse of change over the next month.
Any remaining shoes that are in decent shape will be donated after it’s taken down.
- 'Shoe tree' sprouts in Eugene
- Tree vandalized in Eugene
- Search for shoes a tough feat for Eugene teenager
- Blazer star surprises Eugene teen with supersized shoes
- Christmas tree farms open in Eugene
- Eugene woman almost hit by falling tree
- Lightning strikes tree in Eugene, sparking fire
- Eugene opens tree planting season early
- 25th annual Festival of Trees is back in Eugene
- City of Eugene receives 2018 Tree City USA Award