MEDFORD, Ore. (AP) - A Mt. Ashland ski patrol member who died while skiing on the south end of the mountain has been identified.
The Jackson County Sheriff's Office has identified him as 23-year-old Johnathan Patrick Likeke Walker.
The Mail Tribune reports he was skiing with a group of ski patrol members just outside the ski area boundaries Feb. 16 when he reportedly struck a tree.
Ski patrol members took him up the slope to the ski area, that’s where first responders attempted to give Walker c-p-r. He was pronounced dead later that day.
Walker worked and lived in the Jackson County area but previously lived in Yakima, Washington.
The Jackson County Medical Examiner's office is expected to conduct an autopsy Feb. 18.
- Ski patrol member who died on Mt. Ashland identified
- Ski patrol member killed in skiing accident on Mt. Ashland
- Mt. Hood Meadows ski patroller hurt in avalanche
- Eugene woman dies in accident on Mt. Bachelor
- Skier at Mt. Bachelor falls into tree well, dies
- Vandals destroy parking area at Mt. Pisgah
- Climber who died after fall on Mount Hood identified
- Police identify man who died from gunshot wounds in Eugene
- Ski shop owner optimistic about ski season despite dry weather
- Saving Santiam Pass Ski Lodge