EUGENE, Ore.-- Fire officials said that a fire at Delta Sand and Gravel that burned over the weekend may continue to smolder into the beginning of the week.
According to Eugene-Springfield Fire, waste at the bottom of a pit caught fire on Saturday morning. Because of the depth of the pit, efforts to put out the fire were difficult.
Officials said Delta Sand and Gravel is monitoring the pit, but commuters and nearby residents may notice smoke into the week as it burns out.
- Smoke may linger in Eugene as smoldering fire burns
- Smoldering, creeping fire activity observed near Terwilliger Hot Springs
- Fires burning along Beltline in Eugene
- Ecological burns planned in Eugene
- Fire sends plume of black smoke into air in Eugene
- Eugene man treated for smoke inhalation after house fire
- Tougher smoking ban passes for downtown Eugene
- Property owners mull Eugene smoking ban participation
- Downtown Eugene smoking ban takes effect Friday
- No-smoking zone expands in downtown Eugene