SEATTLE, WA., - The body of a missing snowshoer has been recovered at Mount Rainier National Park.
Park officials say the man's body was found Tuesday morning about 4,500-foot feet up the mountain.
Officials say the man was reported missing Monday after he separated from his partner while descending from the Muir Snowfield.
A search began Monday evening and resumed again Tuesday morning.
The Pierce County Medical Examiner's Office will identify the man and determine his cause and manner of death.
- Body of missing snowshoer found on Mount Rainier
- Authorities are working to rescue 4 Mount Rainier climbers
- Helicopter rescues climbers from near Mount Rainier summit
- Body found on Mount Hood identified as missing hiker
- A rockfall on Mount Rainier has killed 1 climber and injured 2 others
- Missing hiker's body found at Toketee Falls
- Body of missing teen found on coast
- Body of missing Coos County man found
- Body of missing man has been found
- Body of missing woman found near Brookings