PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) - Authorities say a soldier died in an accidental shooting at a training facility near the Oregon coast.
The Clatsop County Sheriff's Office says members of a U.S. Army unit reported that the shot was fired Wednesday night in the housing area at Camp Rilea.
The soldier died in the emergency room at Columbia Memorial Hospital in Astoria.
The soldier's name has not been released.
Camp Rilea, based in Warrenton, is the primary training facility for the Oregon National Guard.
- Soldier dies in accidental shooting on Oregon Coast
- Earthquakes strike off Oregon Coast
- Police: Sibling accidentally shoots 2-year-old boy in Oregon
- Man accidentally shoots self at Oregon gun range
- Crab harvesting closure extended on Oregon coast
- Surfers brave the storm on Oregon coast
- Whale carcass rolls ashore along Oregon Coast
- Southern Oregon coast reopens for crabbing season
- Coast Guard searching for missing Oregon fisherman
- OSU researchers find dead zones off the Oregon coast