EUGENE, Ore.-- Lane, Benton, and Douglas county public health officials said they will start vaccinating Phase 1B, Group 6 starting this week.
Lane County Public Health said they will start vaccinating group 6 on Tuesday. This change in vaccine schedule comes days after Gov. Kate Brown announced an accelerated timeline to vaccinate Oregonians to comply with the Biden Administration. Initially, group 6 was eligible for the vaccine on March 29.
Group 6 includes the following:
- Individuals 45-64 with pre-existing health conditions
- Fire survivors
- Wildland firefighters
- Individuals who are above the age of 16 and pregnant
- Individuals who live in senior congregate care settings
- The unhoused population
- Seafood, agricultural, and food-processing workers
- Migrant and seasonal farm workers
Group 6 is the second to last group in Phase 1B to get vaccinated. Next is group 7 which includes frontline workers defined by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention. They will eligible starting by April 19th. The rest of the general public will be eligible on May 1.