SALEM, Ore. – Starting Wednesday a small number of state parks will begin to offer limited services, the Oregon Parks and Recreation Department announced.
Beginning May 11 limited day-use will start returning to other state parks, the agency reported.
Parks returning to limited daytime service as of May 6 include:
- Tryon Creek in Portland
- Willamette Mission north of Keizer
- Mongold boat ramp at Detroit Lake
- State Capitol State Park in Salem
- The Cove Palisades boat ramp at Lake Billy Chinook near Culver
- Prineville Reservoir boat ramp near Prineville
- Joseph Stewart boat ramp on Lost Creek Lake near Shady Cove
- Pilot Butte to pedestrians (no vehicles) in Bend
Visitors should stay at least six feet away from people who aren’t from their household.
Also keep in mind that parking will be limited and not all restrooms will be open.
Visitors should be wearing a face mask and if a park is crowded it’s best to leave and come back at another time.
State officials also said state park camping will return as soon as it can be safely managed.