Gresham, OR -- North Bend took first in the boys 5A 4x100-meter relay. That set the tone for the rest of the day as the Bulldogs took home the 5A boys team title at the state championship meet at Mount Hood Community College.
"By far best, by far best, to see each of our legs just to take off and show their full potential for me it was awesome," North Bend relay runner Jonathon Chilcote said.
North Bend ended the day with a total 72.50 points followed by 65 points from Ashland.
South Eugene's girls 4x100-meter relay took third in their race, but the Axe prevailed as the 6A team champions.
The Axe's 55 team points beat out 52 points from Jesuit.
"It feels really great, especially for improving from last year and putting all the hard work in that we did," South Eugene relay runner Elise Unruh-Thomas said.
The full state championship meet results can be found here: http://www.osaa.org/activities/btf/results
- South Eugene, North Bend win team titles at state
- Eugene man arrested in North Bend for allegedly stealing car
- North Bend Fire does live-fire training in Eugene
- Thurston wins 5A state title
- North Bend's Hampton sets sights on state javelin record
- Good samaritan returns North Bend woman's purse
- Five teens injured in North Bend crash
- Couple arrested in North Bend arson, burglary
- Poverty simulation coming to North Bend
- South Eugene High School changes name of athletic teams