COTTAGE GROVE, Ore. -- A Cottage Grove man vanished on Valentine's Day in 2012 and was never heard from, or seen, again. His daughter hopes he'll be found soon, so she and her family can finally have closure.
"Going to the grocery store...or being out in the public, notoriously, people are like 'Hey, whatever happened to your dad,'" said Kinda French. It's a question she wishes she could answer.
Her father, Bob Richardson, vanished six years ago: "He had called me at six in the morning...and asked me to pick his truck," said French.
He told her he was getting a ride to Roseburg and she assumed he was going to the VA. When she stopped by his home that morning to pick up his spare keys, she got the shock of her life: a goodbye letter to her and her brother.
Bob left his truck on Gowdyville Road, a rural area just outside of Cottage Grove city limits.
Cottage Grove Police Capt. Doug Skaggs said the Lane County Seach and Rescue Team did an extensive search of the area, with no luck: "They brought in dogs. They had people on horseback. They did an extensive search both sides of the road and up and down the area."
He said Richardson, who was 60-years-old when he disappeared, had mobility issues and was not able to walk very far.
Richardson also suffered from a service-related head injury that affected his ability to promblem solve. Skaggs said Bob may have gotten a ride from someone else.
"We just need to talk to that person. at this point, we don't think that person has done anything criminal. we just want to reach out to anyone who's been in the area and may have saw him," said Skaggs.
Police said they don't have any leads, but Kindra might. She remembers seeing a woman in the area, the week her dad disappearred.
"I have no idea what her name is...I don't know if she has a piece to it or not, but if she knows anything and she could come forward, that would be amazing," said Kindra.
Amazing is how she described her dad. Kindra said me she and her brother, Davin, were very close with him. About a year ago, she even got a tatoo in memory of him.
If you have any information, you're asked to call Cottage Grove Police at (541) 942-9145.
Tips can be left anonymously; call (541) 767-0504.
- Family seeks tips to find missing father
- Family seeking help to find missing woman after disturbing texts
- Police seek public's help to find missing couple, possibly suicidal
- Sutherlin police seek public's help finding missing man
- Police seek tips in Subway robbery
- Family headed to California to find missing hiker
- Corvallis father continues search for missing son
- Woman robbed with a gun, police seek tips
- Eugene Police seek tips on attempted carjacking, attempted kidnapping incidents
- Coos Bay police seek public's help finding armed robbery suspect