SPRINGFIELD, Ore. – The search for a new city manager in Springfield is narrowing. Five finalists have been selected, and the public is invited to meet them at an informal meet and greet Thursday evening.
Springfield hasn't had a city manager since June when former city manager Gino Grimaldi retired.
All the candidates have backgrounds in local governments, with many having held city manager positions before.
- Adam Hammatt has more than 12 years of experience, most recently as a city manager for the town of Whitefish, Montana.
- Jacque Betz works in Gladstone as city administrator and was once the city manager of Florence in 2014. She has more than 10 years of experience.
- Nancy Newton worked in Clackamas County in 2013 but currently serves as an assistant county executive in Sacramento County, California. She also has more than 10 years of experience.
- Raymond Lee has more than 10 years of experience working in various departments within local governments in the state of Texas.
- Robert Wood holds more than 21 years of experience in government, at one time as a city manger and most recently as a city administrator in Texas.
You can learn more about these candidates and meet them Thursday night in the lobby of Springfield City Hall. The meet and greet is from 5 to 7 p.m. and is open to the public.