SPRINGFIELD, Ore - A Springfield couple has welcomed a baby boy born early on New Year's Day.
Dean Rebel Gullo was born at 2:33 a.m. at PeaceHealth Riverbend.
Dean weighed in at seven pounds and two ounces and is 19 inches long.
It's the first child for parents Michael and Jessica who said Dean was born two weeks early.
"Definitely weren't expecting him this soon, but I'm really excited and glad he's here," said Jessica Gullo.
The new parents hope to bring Dean home on Wednesday.
- Springfield couple welcomes their first child on New Years Day
- Springfield parents welcome identical triplets
- Eugene Springfield Fire welcomes 14 new firefighters
- #VEGASSTRONGER: Springfield couple continues healing 1 year after Route 91
- Young Springfield couple battling cancer together
- Springfield child found after disappearing Monday
- Springfield police investigate foster child's death
- Springfield couple surprised with early arrival of baby on Christmas
- Weight of Survival: Springfield couple carries survivor's guilt after shooting
- Weight of Survival: Springfield couple reunites with Nevada teen