SPRINGFIELD, Ore - A home on the 400 block of V street went up in flames early Thursday morning. Eugene Springfield fire crews responded around 1:00 a.m. and got the fire under control within 30-45 minutes.
According to investigators, the fire started on the outside of the home in the backyard. From there, it spread throughout the inside of the home, destroying everything.
Firefighters said the home was filled with someone's belongings, which lead them to believe someone was living there, or had recently moved out and left their belongings.
"The inside is gutted from fire damage. But, there are a lot of belongings left inside the house. It's unclear whether or not someone is living there or somebody had moved out," said Eugene Springfield Battalion Fire Chief Scott Bishop.
Firefighters didn't immediately know if anyone was in the home during the fire. The Fire Marshal's Office is investigating.
- Springfield home destroyed by fire
- Fire destroys home in Lebanon
- Fire destroys Eugene mobile home
- Fire destroys Linn County home
- Fire destroys home in Sutherlin
- Fire rips through Springfield home
- Fire damages three Springfield homes
- Early morning fire destroys Eugene home
- 3 mobile homes destroyed in Goshen fire
- Fire destroys mobile home in Myrtle Creek