SPRINGFIELD, Ore. -- A Springfield man is accused of raping and strangling a woman Monday morning.
Police said Jonathan Patrick Lee Bivens, 28, tried to have sex with a woman who was drunk. She protested multiple times before Bivens stopped, police said
They said she tried to call a family member to pick her up but Bivens wrestled the phone away. In doing so, Bivens put her in a choke hold from behind and she couldn't breathe.
Bivens was arrested for rape and strangulation. He made his first court appearance on Tuesday.
- Springfield man accused of raping and strangling woman
- Former Springfield teacher accused of rape
- Man accused of strangling dog in Coos Bay
- Man who strangled woman in Portland motel gets 15 years
- Salem man arrested in assault of woman, dog strangling
- Roseburg man accused of raping teenage girl
- Springfield police arrest rape suspect in Eugene
- Woman sentenced to 18 years for strangling, stabbing friend
- Former Lane County deputy accused of raping another woman
- Roseburg man accused of raping woman 40 times in 3 weeks