EUGENE, Ore. -- The newly-formed Eugene Police Street Crimes Unit helped make an arrest on Wednesday.
On Tuesday, Eugene detectives were working a child prostitution sting and posed online as a 12-year-old girl.
They said Steven Pajela Deleon-Guerrero, 34, of Springfield responded and arranged to meet the girl at a Eugene location the next day.
When he arrived on Wednesday, he was arrested by the Street Crimes team. They said he also had a gun. Deleon-Guerrero is facing charges of online sexual corruption of a child and possession of a firearm.
In 2019, there have been three arrests in Eugene that included a charge of online sexual corruption of a child. Police want to continue to raise awareness to this crime to prevent sexual exploitation and help children and women who are victimized.
- Springfield man arrested in child prostitution sting
- Sutherlin man arrested in child prostitution sting
- 10 men arrested in Corvallis prostitution sting
- Seven men arrested in Corvallis in prostitution sting
- 18 people arrested in Aloha police sting
- Police arrest man barricaded in Springfield Apartment
- Police arrest Springfield man after armed standoff
- Man arrested after shooting at Springfield apartment
- Missing Springfield man found
- Springfield child found after disappearing Monday