SPRINGFIELD, Ore. -- A Springfield man is being charged with murder after the death of an infant boy on Feb. 7.
Police said Louis Pocza, 21, was responsible for watching the child, Gabriel Kasper, who was under two years old and not related to Pocza.
The Lane County District Attorney charged Pocza with murder, according to a document filed in court Monday. Pocza was arrested by police on suspicion of manslaughter on Friday.
The court document says Pocza assaulted Kasper, leading to his death.
Kasper was taken to Riverbend Hospital where he was pronounced dead. Police are not releasing the cause of death at this time but police said an autopsy was conducted.
- Springfield man charged with murdering infant
- Springfield man charged with manslaughter in infant's death
- Man found guilty of murdering Springfield mother
- Springfield murder case remains unsolved
- Springfield man facing sex abuse charges
- Springfield man arrested on felony drug charges
- Missing Springfield man found
- Homeless man faces murder charges in connection to the death of a Springfield man
- Woman charged in Springfield carjacking
- Springfield man convicted in 2017 murder, sentenced to life