SPRINGFIELD, Ore. -- This weekend people can come out to watch the third annual Springfield Co-ed Softball Tournament, with all proceeds going toward Toys for Tots.
The event is free and will be happening at the Les Schwab Sports Park on December 16.
Organizers said there will be 12 teams participating, along with a handful of food trucks, vendors, auctions, and raffles.
They hope as many people as possible can make it out to drop off toys and give donations for children in need.
“It's a big opportunity for the community to come on down and help out those that are unfortunate,” said Mike Barr, the tournament’s organizer. “I welcome and I hope that people want to come down and help. I just want to have a good Christmas for these kids, that's what I’m looking for.”
Barr said they are in need of more volunteers.
If you'd like to volunteer, Barr said all you have to do is show up at 7 a.m. on Saturday at the main gate of the park.
- Springfield man organizes softball tournament for Toys for Tots
- Dozens donate to 'Toys for Tots'
- Toys for tots distribution happening this weekend
- Springfield couple creates rocking cows to donate to Toys for Tots
- Oregon softball refocusing, prepared for California tournament
- Springfield woman trying to organize Christmas parade after cancellation
- Springfield organization aims to help Oregon vets cover ambulance costs
- Springfield man robbed at gunpoint
- Missing Springfield man found safe
- Coconut Smiles Organic Recall