EUGENE, Ore. -- St. Vincent de Paul is collecting toys for families in need.
Volunteers unloaded toys and gifts from the community for the Holiday Joy gift-giving program at the St. Vincent de Paul Corporate Office and Chambers Media Center on Dec 3.
“It can be a little overwhelming, but it's very warming for the heart itself to see the joy in the kids' faces,” Sharrie King of St. Vincent de Paul said.
The gifts will be sent out a week before Christmas.
Organizers still need sponsors for hundreds of families. To adopt a family or an individual, contact Ashely Hensley at 541-743-7147.
People can also send a financial contribution to the Holiday Joy Department, P.O. Box 24608, Eugene, OR 97402.
- St. Vincent de Paul Holiday Joy gift-giving program kicks off
- SVDP's Holiday Joy program kicks off
- Recycle Styrofoam at all St. Vincent De Paul locations
- St. Vincent de Paul withdraws Bethel boys shelter proposal
- St. Vincent de Paul opening new thrift store in Eugene
- St. Vincent de Paul youth house for girls to open this month
- St. Vincent de Paul plans to break ground on home for homeless boys
- St. Vincent de Paul delivery truck driver dies in crash near Oakridge
- St. Vincent de Paul opens new affordable housing project in Springfield
- The power of giving: Eugene woman gets gift of lifetime