EUGENE, Ore. -- Apparently, Oregonians love sci-fi.
Data compiled by HSI shows the most searched Netflix shows in every state last year. While most of the country searched for "Orange Is the New Black" the most, Oregon was different.
"Star Trek: Discovery" is the most searched Netflix show in Oregon, according to the report.
People in Alaska and Colorado were also searching for “Star Trek: Discovery,” a show that isn’t available on Netflix in the U.S. but is available internationally.
“American Vandal” is the hot newcomer to the 2017 Netflix map. This true-crime satire was the favorite show in five states, trailing behind only “Orange Is the New Black.” Considering “American Vandal” premiered in the middle of September, it made a huge impact and gained a lot of fans in just a few months.
Notably absent from this year’s map are former hits “House of Cards” and “The Walking Dead.”
- 'Star Trek: Discovery' most searched Netflix show in Oregon
- NASA orbiter spots 'Star Trek' symbol on Mars
- Discovery's next show will be live from the US-Mexico border
- Netflix prices are going up
- Coast Guard searching for missing Oregon fisherman
- Netflix is raising its subscription prices
- Marist High School track star signs with Oregon
- Oregon's Miss America starring in 'Annie Get Your Gun'
- USBA trains next generation of basketball stars in Oregon
- Oregon begins search for next head football coach