LANE COUNTY, Ore. -- Independent Patrick Starnes dropped out of the governor's race on Tuesday, but some Oregonians have already voted for him.
Elections officials said if you've already sent in your ballot, you can't request a new one.
However, if you still have your ballot and it is filled in, you can cross out his name and vote for another candidate.
After dropping out, Starnes endorsed Democratic Gov. Kate Brown, who is facing Republican challenger Knute Buehler.
The deadline to vote is 8 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 6. If you plan to vote, you must drop off your ballot at a designated ballot drop site or your county's election office. You cannot mail in your ballot at this time.
- Options remain for some Independent Party voters in governor's race
- Brownsville man wins Independent Party nomination in governor race
- 5 MORE YEARS: Voters renew 4J local option levy
- Oregon governor race most expensive yet
- Buehler concedes in Oregon governor's race
- Democrat Laura Kelly wins Kansas governor race, CNN projects
- Republican Mike DeWine wins Ohio governor race, CNN projects
- Voter registration deadline approaches
- Third gender option for Oregon students
- Independence man accused of abusing kids at day care