STAYTON, Ore. (AP) - A couple in Stayton has been arrested and charged after reports of abuse involving a 6-month-old baby.
The Statesman Journal reports 21-year-old Amy Chambers, the child's mother, has been charged with six counts of criminal mistreatment.
Her boyfriend, 37-year-old Kevin Sergeant, has been charged with three counts of assault and two counts of criminal mistreatment.
Stayton's city manager Keith Campbell says the child was brought to a local hospital before being taken immediately thereafter to Portland.
Chambers and Sergeant were arrested after a police investigation.
Chambers is being held on $500,000 bail, and Sergeant is being held on $1 million bail.
It wasn't clear if Chambers or Sergeant has an attorney.
- Stayton mother and boyfriend charged with child abuse
- Child killed in fatal fire in Stayton
- Mother's boyfriend charged in Shady Cove killings
- Stayton man arrested in father’s murder after standoff
- Sweet Home mother arrested for alleged child abuse
- Roseburg mother charged with manslaughter in child's death
- Myrtle Creek police officer charged with child sex abuse
- Woman accused of stabbing boyfriend for cheating
- Oregon woman accused of shooting boyfriend
- Winston man accused of child sexual abuse